Google Chrome is one of the best choices when we talk about browsers. If you are using a Linux distro it is little difficult to “Install Chrome in Linux” but if you carefully follow me you will face no issues while installing Chrome.
Precations: Just by typing sudo you’ll get superuser access or admin access. Make sure you do it cause without it you can’t do anything or proceed further.
Install Chrome in Linux:
- Download Google Chrome: First you’ll need to download google chrome file to further install it in your system. For that, you can just paste this code in terminal or just go to the official website of Google and download it from there.
2. After you finish downloading. You can further proceed. Ubuntu needs superuser access for that as I’ve told you just type sudo. This will allow you sudo privileges.
sudo dpkg -i google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb
3. Now you’ve successfully installed google chrome in Linux system. In case you are getting a no-sandbox error which most users face. Then follow these steps to furthermore solve that issue.
Solve NO-SandBox Error!!!
- Navigate to “places” from the top bar.
- Go to “Computer“
- Now go to “Usr” Folder.
- Then go to the “Share” folder.
Ctrl + F key
- Search for “chrome“
- You’ll find a chrome Icon appearing.
- Then open properties of that.
- Then in command section at last paste
- Go to the permissions in the same properties.
- Then tick on “Allow executing the file as a program“
Update Google Chrome in Linux:
For updating google chrome. It is a bit complicated, but don’t worry, I am here to help you.
- First, you’ll need to edit your linux’s repository file. Just paste the below code in your terminal.
- After you’ve done it. Cheers, everything is done congo. Happy using Chrome.
### THIS FILE IS AUTOMATICALLY CONFIGURED ###
# You may comment out this entry, but any other modifications may be lost.
deb [arch=amd64] http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main
I hope you have now understood to “Install Chrome in Linux”. If you did face any issue regarding this article. Please, feel free to contact me via the Contact Us page of our website. Comment down below your opinion about this article.